I’ve recently moved into the city and closer to my work, which leaves me with much more free time in the mornings. To be honest, I usually use this time really productively by laying in the one spot on the couch for an hour slowly sipping my coffee and scrolling through Facebook and Instagram… 😉
Today I decided to make myself a healthy little green smoothie for breakfast and actually do something with my spare time. I’ve been getting back into the habit of making myself a Matcha tea in the mornings sometimes instead of a coffee for a bit of an antioxidant boost. But this morning I decided to incorporate my Matcha hit into my smoothie instead!
- three large handfuls baby spinach & rocket mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 maple water or 1 cup purified water (this is Low FODMAP friendly – if you’re not following FODMAPs you could use coconut water)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 tsp matcha tea (I recommend Panatea or Kenkotea ceremonial grade)
- 1 inch frozen banana, chopped
- 1 small sprig fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 small sprigs of fresh mint, chopped
I gave this a good blitz in the Nutribullet until it looked green and creamy.
Then, taking a tentative sip, I discovered that this drink had a delightful light flavour and was very refreshing!
Give it a try and let me know what you think! I’d love to hear your variations on this recipe 🙂